Raised amidst contrasting ideologies, Molly Moon’s childhood was embedded with lessons in small business management and progressive activism. As she accompanied her grandparents to their saloon each day, Molly learned the importance of hard work and excellent customer service. Simultaneously, she gained valuable insights into social issues through her family’s political involvement. This unique upbringing sparked Molly’s love for ice cream and her strong sense of community. Encouraged by her mother, Molly established her own ice cream shop, incorporating her deep-seated values and commitment to supporting working families. Today, Molly Moon’s is known for offering life-changing job opportunities, paid family leave, and advocating for affordable childcare. Through her efforts, Molly is making a significant difference in the lives of her employees and their families.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Unearth the ingredients vital to a life rich in contentment and significance.
- Appreciate the vital function of lending aid to working families and its broader implications.
- Delve into the transformative effects of advocacy and policy change on society.
- Recognize the magic of authenticity and courage in navigating work and life.
- See the effect of nurturing adult relationships in the journey of healing from childhood trauma.
Molly Moon Neitzel started Molly Moon’s Homemade Ice Cream in 2008, wanting to create a vibrant and welcoming community gathering place for all Seattleites to share and enjoy delicious ice cream. Molly built her business to embody her political values and has advocated for progressive business practices and worker rights on the local, state, and national levels. She has dedicated herself to building a company that’s a leader in labor practices, including being a pay-transparent company. With nine shops in the Seattle area, Molly Moon’s is has been featured in various food publications, including Food & Wine & Bon Appetit, for making and scooping some of the nation’s most delectable ice cream, all with the objective of making the world better one scoop at a time
Connect with Molly: